Overview of the Clerk of the Circuit Court Departments
Below is a summary of the functions and services provided
by the Clerk of Courts.
Division processes all documents which may be recorded
into the Official Records of Lake County and maintains these records for public reference. This
Division also handles Tax
- Records Management Division performs retention scheduling, imaging, microfilming, destroying inactive court records, administrative records, and provides centralized inter-office and postal services for county agencies.
- Support Services Division is responsible
for the processing of Marriage
in the Tavares office and the branch offices.
- Administrative Support Division provides Human Resources,
Purchasing and other support services to the Clerk's Office.
Accounting Division provides financial
and accounting services to the Board of County Commissioners,
County Manager, and Department Directors.
- Board Support Division provides/produces accurate, concise minutes of the Board of County Commissioners' meetings and related committees.
Finance Division provides all accounting
functions for the Clerk, i.e., payables, receivables,
payroll, investments and maintenance.
This department provides a variety of court services in support of the judiciary, the public, and attorneys.
- Central Processing Division includes Central File, Central Imaging and Central Intake.
- Circuit Criminal Division includes Appeals, Juvenile
Delinquency, and Felony.
- County Criminal Division includes Traffic-Criminal and Misdemeanor.
- Civil Law Division includes Circuit Civil, County Civil, and Small Claims.
- Family Law Division includes Child
Support, Probate, Guardianship, Mental
- Jury Management
Division processes summons for jury duty, requests
for excusal, and coordinates the jury selection process.
- Traffic-Civil Division
processes civil traffic citations, collects traffic
fines, and distributes the proceeds according to
Florida Statutes. This Division also overseas Court
Executive Office provides the services required
by the Florida Constitution and includes the general
management of the Clerk's departments.
The Information Resources Department provides centralized Information Technology (IT) support for the Clerk's Office including emergency disaster preparedness and information management.
- Application Development and Support Division provides
project management for major IT projects, web development,
deployment of enterprise applications, support for
the Clerk's computers and peripherals, and financial
application support for Clerk Finance, County Finance,
the Board of County Commissioners and the Sheriff's
- Network Support and Security Division manages deployment and support of network resources including database administration, server administration, enterprise application administration, network security, information recovery, network infrastructure, and capacity management.
Division of Inspector General
The Division of Inspector General provides audit expertise to the Clerk, The Board of County Commissioners, and other local county governmental agencies as invited. The Division conducts standard performance, operational, financial, and information systems audits. The Division also conducts risk assessments, oversees the County's annual fixed asset verification, and administers the county's Fraud, Waste
and Abuse program.